Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now.

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

I get the following message when I try to link my bank account to my PayPal account:

Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now.

It's been days and I don't get any specific error message that I could act upon. Just this.

I need to be able to make a transfer, but without the bank setup it of course won't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nora

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is interested in the resolution...

Paypal support called me, after I logged a ticket for them, and let me know that I received these Sorry... messages, because I previously locked myself out with too many wrong attempts to set up my bank account. They helped me to unlock it and after it everything worked just fine.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone is interested in the resolution...

Paypal support called me, after I logged a ticket for them, and let me know that I received these Sorry... messages, because I previously locked myself out with too many wrong attempts to set up my bank account. They helped me to unlock it and after it everything worked just fine.

Login to Me Too

ED109
New Community Member

How did you get PayPal to call you? I tried messaging and calling them. Messaging resulted in the same error message. Calling them resulting in an automated message saying that PayPal's customer support isn't available and that I should try messaging. The phone call took place at 11 am EST on Monday.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ED109 

Contact options for Paypal at the moment are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Daniellet01
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you go to put in a ticket because I’m not seeing that option. I’ve been trying to get help for 3 days but of course PayPal customer service has been ineffective and unable to reach.
Login to Me Too

norakelemen
Contributor
Contributor

I think you need to go to the Message center. Start a conversation, then you will be able to open a ticket. If I remember correctly...

https://www.paypal.com/smc/async/home?isvenice=false

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.