Send Money Change Payment Method Option Not shown

Nurse_Meck
New Community Member

Hello, my name is Maureen, I retired from my lifelong career as a Nurse due to cancer.

I cannot travel, so I have been trying to use paypal to send money to a nice young woman from my church that does my shopping for me and delivers my fullfilled shopping list to my home.

When I try to change my payment method to my paypal balance, the option is not shown. This is a serious incovience as I live on my fixed retirement ssi income. It only shows the option to directly withdraw from my bank. I tried removing my bank, but it did not work.

My daughter and son tried to help me online, but they said they had the same result. What is the solution? It seemed that paypal would be the perfect service for long term use, but this trial is proving very unreliable.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Can't say I know the exact reason but, I'm guessing that although you have a bank account linked and confirmed, do you also have a credit card linked and confirmed ?   PayPal gets kind of quirky sometimes about not having both even though you have sufficient funds in your account balance and a valid bank account.  PayPal sees a credit card as your backup funding source and as additional proof of ID.    As an alternative try, see if choosing a preferred payment method will work - this FAQ explains how.    If you still cannot use your Account Balance, you may want to reach out to PayPal's Facebook page and/or their Twitter page as both are supported by PayPal employees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.