Seller asked me to "release funds" for hand delivered item- How?

kaitlin914
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a puppy. I sent her they payment yesterday. Today, she asked me to "release the funds" because there is a 21 day hold.  She said it came through as an Ebay sale (but it wasn't.) How do I get her the money? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

iTesla
Contributor
Contributor
Check the payment you made in PP if there is any Release Funds button or link, not sure but this is my guess.
Login to Me Too

kaitlin914
Contributor
Contributor
It says I have to wait 48 hours from the purchase. We are only about 18 hours from the purchase. Thank you. This will be an option if we don’t get it resolved sooner!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaitlin914 

@iTesla 

NEVER confirm receipt of an item that you have NOT received.

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the sellers account is between them and Paypal.
Funds for new sellers are held for 21 days but released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they are still obliged to issue a refund if they lose a dispute. The hold is to protect Paypal from bad sellers that refuse, meaning Paypal may have to refund the buyer instead putting the sellers account into negative until they pay Paypal back.

If they refuse to send item/service then you could file a dispute for non receipt.
That may impact their paypal account in some way if they continue doing so.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.