Scam

Mystic99
Contributor
Contributor
Can anyone help. Sold items to someone, the left positive feedback, told me they received item ( tracking to also prove ) but 2 weeks later opened a case saying the received a box of stones, later closed the case saying it was a prank by family member and everything was fine. 1 week later a paypal case got opened by the buyer saying it was not a prank etc, i called them out on it through paypal and again moments later case closed. Now the same case with the same number has been opened again with my money withdrawn on pending by paypal as they are reviewing the case. Has the buyer re opened a closed case or has paypal done this to do an investigation. It was a fair bit of money and im worried that they side with the buyer even though i have tracking and proof of delivery.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mystic99 

Tracking only proves delivery, it does not prove the items sent were as described.

A buyer can only open x1 dispute BUT they can appeal and get a second one opened by paypal at paypals discretion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mystic99
Contributor
Contributor
That is correct, But would you wait 2-3 weeks to open a case saying items not received after paying a four figure sum saying you received “ rocks “ i for sure would have opened right away to check that what i payed for i got. ( and he left me positive feedback on ebay ) The thing is i cant tell if he has re-opened the case or if paypal has stepped in. I cant do anything other than wait. I just have to hope that due to previous feed back and happy buyers goes in my favour.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.