Receiving Payment

Anas_assd
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, 3 days ago my brother transferred money from his Israeli account to my grman account and once he did that PayPal sent me an Email telling me that the money is in my pending balance. My question is, how long it takes until the money appears in my regular PayPal-balance ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anas_assd 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anas_assd 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anas_assd
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for your help If you want to transfer money fron an Israeli PayPal account they don't give any of these two options. And my brother tried to transfer other amount and it worked successfully the money appeared in my PayPal-balance in seconds but the first one still on hold. 🤔🤔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.