Problem with new account right off the bat

Pat103
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to PayPal.  First payment I receive, I try to transfer to my bank.  I can't.  I get a "Things don't appear to be working right now" message from Paypal.  I try numerous times and my requests to transfer are all denied, without a reason given.  I call PayPal, wait for an hour before talking to somebody, who tells me everything is fine with my PayPal account, that the problem has to be with the bank.  I call me bank, they pull up my account and tell me there is no reason the money shouldn't be transferred.  I go to the PayPal help page and all I get is a list of topics: no option to send an electronic request for help.  So I have a sum of money that PayPal is holding with no way to get it transferred to my bank.  Anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Pat103,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

It seems like your transfer may be prevented by our security system. Unfortunately, we would not be able to manually change the security settings. However, you can try clearing your cache and cookies, deleting your browser history and waiting for 48 hours without accessing your account to let the system reset. This may help you solve the issue!

I hope this helps.

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Pat103
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but deleting cookies didn't work.  There is still a security issue and nobody at PayPal telephone support seems to know how to get me through security.  My making two more attempts to withdraw the money only seems to delay any possibility of a solution.  There must be somebody at PayPal who, if I could interface, would be able to work through the problem with me but the telephone representative did not offer this as an option.

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

is the money free to transfer?

where does it come from?

did you sell something,did you upload tracking,is it delivered? 

are you also new to selling?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.