Problem in registering card

SOTIRIOS1
Contributor
Contributor

There is a problem when i am trying to register my prepaid card.

There also seems to be a problem in my account as a notification which i cannot identify as everything seems to be n order.

Thank you in advance,

Sotirios

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi SOTIRIOS1, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

What error message do you receive when trying to add the card? Have you checked the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account to see if we require additional information from you? 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

SOTIRIOS1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

Thank you for your reply!

The problem is nowhere to be found, just the red triangle icon.

I also tried the resolution center and there doesn't seem to be any problem in there also.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

What prepaid card are you using? Have you already topped up the prepaid card? 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

SOTIRIOS1
Contributor
Contributor

It is a virtual mastercard which I had just created and I had transfered the sum I needed before trying to register it into paypal.

-Sotirios

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

It sounds like the MasterCard may not be accepted on PayPal. Not all prepaid cards are an acceptable funding source on PayPal and we would usually advise customers to register a card that has been issued by a regulated financial institution. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

SOTIRIOS1
Contributor
Contributor

The card was issued in the bank in which I work by the way, so it should be totally acceptable.

Also the optioj MasterCard is there when I try to register it, so I guess there is no problem either.

The weird thing that troubles me is that I get a notification for a problem in my account, but that problem is not mentioned anywhere in my account, so that I can try and fix it.

Thank you for all your help.

-Sotirios

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.