Problem effecting payment through paypal

Ansoo
New Community Member

Hello,

I am from Mauritius.

I'm making a purchase in Mauritian rupees and when proceeding with paypay for payment, the amount in Mauritian rupees amounting to same amount in US Dollar - Say purchaseo f Rs 3000 which is less than $100 amounting to $ 3000.

I've been trying to make the payment but it's asking me to add a credit /prepaid or debit card even though I have enough money in dollars to proceed with the payment.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me please.

Thanking you in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ansoo 

PayPal is probably asking for card as back up. Choose PayPal balance as your main funding source and then add or choose a card as back up. Once you complete payment, a temporary charge is put on your card as well and once merchant claims payment, the system will see you are using PayPal balance as the main funding source, will use it and release the temporary card charge in about a week. Or maybe it is asking for a card because you do not have enough MUR currency in your balance to pay.

Now, I am not sure why the amounts are the same, in both MUR and USD, like you say, “3,000 MUR = 3,000 USD”.

You are paying in MUR but want to use your USD?

If you are holding a USD currency balance, try selecting your USD balance as the primary balance which will be the default currency for sending and requesting:

How do I select a currency for my primary balance?

Then try to pay again and check to see if there is any difference in the exchange rate.

Be sure to switch your primary balance back to MUR currency afterwards.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.