Pending payment withdraw to bank account taking days?

laurenisgeeky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all I have been sending small amounts of money to my bank account over the last week to pay for postage items with Ebay. no issue.

On 11th April I requested a withdrawal of £110 and £5. The £5 cleared after two hours but I am still awaiting the £110. This has never happened before as its usually instant. Paypal say its pending, 0-3 days, but I needed that money on the 11th and now its the 14th! Its been three days so what the hell is going on? I'm now apprehensive withdrawing anymore now otherwise I won't have any money.

Anyone else experiencing the same? 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@laurenisgeeky wrote:

Hi all I have been sending small amounts of money to my bank account over the last week to pay for postage items with Ebay. no issue.

On 11th April I requested a withdrawal of £110 and £5. The £5 cleared after two hours but I am still awaiting the £110. This has never happened before as its usually instant. Paypal say its pending, 0-3 days, but I needed that money on the 11th and now its the 14th! Its been three days so what the hell is going on? I'm now apprehensive withdrawing anymore now otherwise I won't have any money.

Anyone else experiencing the same? 

Hi @laurenisgeeky,

Withdrawals can take anything from 2 – 72 hrs to complete through the PayPal system. Generally they will complete within 2 hours however PayPal will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. To provide one of the safest online payment services the internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released.

This type of review can happen for various reasons. For example, you may have received a higher-than-usual amount of money into your account, you may be logging in from an unsecure network or you may have made changes to your account Settings recently.

Once their review has finished your withdrawal will show as ‘completed’ and will be processed to your bank account as long as the review did not turn up any issues.

If the withdrawal is not completed past 74 hours (2 hours extra to allow for funds transfer) then please click here to contact PayPal Customer Service. For the fastest resolution, please use the phone option.

Login to Me Too

laurenisgeeky
Contributor
Contributor

If I'd know this would be such an issue I would have withdrawn in smaller amounts. Unfortunately due to this late pending which I've never had before, I've missed paying for something. So will it always be for an amount over £100? I can't wait days for payments to go in.

Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@laurenisgeeky wrote:

If I'd know this would be such an issue I would have withdrawn in smaller amounts. Unfortunately due to this late pending which I've never had before, I've missed paying for something. So will it always be for an amount over £100? I can't wait days for payments to go in.

Hi @laurenisgeeky,

The amount of the withdrawal is irrelevant. It would be counter-productive to make more withdrawals than necessary, as this would further entice the hold to be placed on some or all of them.

The maximum hold time is 72 hours - 74 inc. transfer time. There was a technical issue last week, which saw some withdrawals take 5 business days, however this should be resolved for either most or all PayPal customers.

Login to Me Too

Luna5ee
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, this is new as I've been using Paypal for along time and this has started in the last week or so.  It always takes 2 hours maximum and the last two withdrawals I have made to transfer money into my bank account have both take 3 days.  Not impressed as both times the money was needed quickly, what made PayPal so easy to use was the speed in which the money was in my bank account.  This has been the same issue with my son's account.  Is this a new trend by PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Mitchyd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this very annoying. I have made two withdrawals from Paypal to my bank account in the past couple of days. Normally transfers are instantly credited but now they seem to be taking 2-3 days. I'm really not happy with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Luna5ee wrote:

I agree, this is new as I've been using Paypal for along time and this has started in the last week or so.  It always takes 2 hours maximum and the last two withdrawals I have made to transfer money into my bank account have both take 3 days.  Not impressed as both times the money was needed quickly, what made PayPal so easy to use was the speed in which the money was in my bank account.  This has been the same issue with my son's account.  Is this a new trend by PayPal?

Hi @Luna5ee,

The 2-72 hour withdrawal estimation, is not a new policy. This approach has been taken since the introduction of instant withdrawals, however more established accounts would see less of them. I must note however, that even an established PayPal account can have their withdrawal held at random.

Login to Me Too

eiger13026
New Community Member

My withdrawal on 14/4/18 is saying 'completed' and yet here we are on 17/4 and still nothing in my account! 

Login to Me Too

laurenisgeeky
Contributor
Contributor

Most frustrating I feel this is a Paypal issue and not a bank one.

Login to Me Too

GJL
Contributor
Contributor
Try withdrawing money via your mobile phone app. That seems to work within the usual 2 hours! Did for me anyway.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.