Paypal is making me so mad....

mc223
New Community Member

Recently I have sold some stuff on eBay, and of course, I had to use Paypal (First mistake.) My account was immediately limited, so I sent in the information they requested, and now I am banned and my funds are "kept" for 180 days. This is my money for the items that I sold. I never wanted to use this service. I cannot get ahold of any customer service at all, and I have waited over 4 hours for the "live chat." I lost my job due to corona, can't get the stimulus check, and my unemployment is not accepted. As a broke student, this is **bleep** me off. I just want to get my money and close my account. I am never going to use this service again, nor would I ever recommended it to anyone I like. Is there anyway I can get my money out of the account before this 6 month period?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jared2266

paypal is the **bleep**iest payment way for ebay honestly i regret using it for its god awful policies

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mc223 

Paypal don't ban you for no reason, what would be the point, they want you to open and use a paypal account as that is how they make their money.

If you sent in information and that was the reason for the ban then either it showed you were underage / using a wrong countries paypal account or other reasons similar.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.