Payment received on-hold - Paypal CS Supervisor provided strange explanation

cterry877
Contributor
Contributor

I have been on Paypal for over a decade with no issues with customers, chargebacks, etc. and have had thousands of transactions/sales through eBay and my website from all over the world. I received a payment from a new customer in Texas for $70 on Sept 24th using a debit card. The payment was immediately placed on-hold by Paypal and I received an email stating not to ship until the hold was removed. Of course, this is always what I do in this case to protect myself under their seller protection program.  I noticed it stated it would be on hold until the middle of Oct which I thought was strange. Meanwhile, the customer emailed me and stated Paypal told him there was no issue and that I should call them to confirm to ship. I did that today and could not understand the reasons being given by the initial CS Rep. He stated they required it show delivered via tracking before they could release the hold. ? I have never heard that one as PP is always telling sellers not to ship until they ok it. The transaction showed address confirm, the buyer not confirmed and NOT eligible for seller protection. I requested a supervisor. This supervisor explained that it was a normal thing that their system does periodically and that it was ok to ship and same once they receive tracking confirmation of delivery they would release the funds. I told him I was not comfortable in doing that since it showed NOT eligible for seller protection. He checked with another supervisor which told him the same - no worries that I would be covered. I find that unacceptable as I am sure if a problem comes up they will find no record of their directing me to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?  I have never had a complaint by a customer stating they did not receive an item also.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cterry877

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cterry877
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but unfortunately none of the 5 reasons are valid in my case. In fact, 2 supervisors and 2 CS agents could not explain why this transaction was on hold. It's a shame that someone at Paypal cannot provide a reason for this issue as it only creates problems for my customer and myself. Give me a reason, any reason, but not having a clue does not justify a reason. But again, it's like talking to a wall.  I have given Paypal tons of money to process over a decade or more yet I cannot receive a simple answer. In this case proof again, the computers rule the people. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.