Payment on Hold - Customer Can't Confirm

Starlight96
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a streamer, i get tips/donations Via StreamLabs, which for some reason unknown marks our donations as transactions for goods. I had someone donate  $1000 to me on Halloween. Now all my money is on hold.

I contacted the person who donated asking them to confirm the received their "product" and they say there is no place to confirm. He lives in Australia and neither of us have any idea what the heck to do. It's become stressful, especially since it is such a large amount.

I contacted customer support who was no help in the matter, just telling me that I have to wait for him to confirm.

I don't know what to do.

Help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starlight96 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. So you may have to wait 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starlight96 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. So you may have to wait 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dlburkes
Contributor
Contributor
As I stated to The SO CALLED CSR OF PAYPAL, there is not a shipping label or tracking number because there were no exchanges of goods. Their vehicle was repaired by my husband and I supplied the repair order to them. It has the customers signature on the repair order! What other confirmation of service recieved do they need! NONE! IT IS RIGHT THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE!!!
Login to Me Too

Dlburkes
Contributor
Contributor
Negative. Tried that! Customer even called to confirm. So that info is not correct. CSR has documentation of service repair and knew it was not a transaction that requires shipping details. So I should not have to wait 21 days for a vehicle repair.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dlburkes 

Yeah you do, try READING MY POST?

If not a tangible item then funds are released when I said in my post.

Apart from the fact this is NOT your thread is it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.