Payment issues

tristanregan1
Contributor
Contributor
Transfer process problem's I have been unable to transfer available funds to my bnk account I've been trying to access the cash for days a'd I'm still unable to do so I'm at the end of my tether nobody from PayPal has helped at all!
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tristanregan1 

Have you withdrawn funds before?
Are you withdrawing to a bank account or debit card?
What error message are you getting?
Have you verified / confirmed your bank account?
Are the funds cleared and not pending?
Are the funds in your countries currency?
Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Is any debit cards billing address the same as your paypal account address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tristanregan1
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly allow me to thank you for your support as part of the frustration I have been suffering with is the feeling of being ignored by customer services. Ok so yes I have withdrawn money previously although again it did take quite a long time to do so. I have been trying to transfer money the money to my bank account which is associated with my PayPal account already and even though the money is showing as available I keep receiving an error message stating that " There is a problem and we are unable to complete the transaction at this time at the top of the page there is an upside down triangle in red. I am based in the UK and as such I am trying to transfer money in pound sterling. I was advised by a customer service representative that I could transfer the money via xoom however each time I attempted this the transaction was cancelled. I was told to wait for twenty four hours for the system to reboot.. However after the stated time I have still received the sale error notification. I am genuinely at my wits end as to what to do next as my partner is desperate to access the cash for an emergency which has come up though the money amount in question is only approximately £70 it is really a matter of extreme urgency that we gain access to it promptly .. Should you have any further questions for me please let me know and should you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Kind regards Tristan regan
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tristanregan1 

Can you answer all the questions?

Have you confirmed your bank account with the 4 digit code?

Is the bank account in the exact same name as your paypal account name?

also...

is the direct debit still showing in your online banking?

have you had any failed bank transfers or negative balances at all recently?

is your bank account still showing in your paypal account WALLET.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tristanregan1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have confirmed the bank with the four digit pin number my name associated with the PayPal account is the same as that on my bnk account the direct debit is showing as having been accepted and I have been temporarily overdrawn with the bank due to awaiting payment from PayPal however this was only for a few hours after which time I corrected the account balance I think that answers everything that you asked other than the question re the wallet and yes the direct debit instruction is still showing as active in the PayPal wallet
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tristanregan1 

ok then that could be the issue, if you have ever had a failed bank transfer or negative balance with paypal then they often remove the option of using your bank account with paypal and require you to use another funding source.

The reason for that is that when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay. But if you have had a failed bank transfer or negative balance then they are not prepared to take that risk of it failing again and so stop you using that option which also impacts withdrawals.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tristanregan1
Contributor
Contributor
I misunderstood you I have in fact never had a negative balance nor owed PayPal any money I meant that I have been overdrawn with my bank account briefly anyway I am still unable to transfer the available funds to my bank account and I have now been told I have to wait yet another 72hours which is an impossibility for me having waited so long as it is this will cause me serious difficulties do you have any more advice re what I may do to help?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.