Payment Issues

Fozzy890
New Community Member

I have had my PayPal account for some time, it is not new.

I bought on eBay a lot using it but never sold until recently but i was selling some items personally on other marketplaces and Facebook and so on.

All my eBay sales bar 2/3 have been held which i understand is eBay's policy on new accounts but why are they holding my non eBay sales, they never used to until i joined eBay as a seller.

I have called a few times to speak to them but to be frank their CS is a joke. They don't understand what the hell i'm on about half of the time and when i finally got someone who could understand my inquiries they hung up! TWICE! Neither time was i aggressive or ruse on the call.

One of them couldn't even find some transactions on my account bearing in mind they were only done on the 8th of June so very recent.

My question though is why are they holding all payments from non eBay sales? Is this normal?

I don't want to be sending certain items until i have the money, i made that mistake before!

I lost over £600 as someone collected and paid PayPal so until i have money not held i wont send another item unless its eBay as i agreed to this when i signed up to sell.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fozzy890

Yes its normal.
Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

Ebays policy.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Paypals policy.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fozzy890
New Community Member

But I'm not new to PayPal even as a seller, they are just more frequent but they come from eBay. I still have my private side too which has not changed but isn't specific to amounts or anything.

It's silly holding money for items and causing me to rethink accepting PayPal and using eBay as I'm not prepared to send items without the cash.

You don't pay for online shopping when its delivered so whats the difference.

I use the money i earn in PayPal to book couriers and re stock things and these holds are having a Negative effect on my account and funding things even though my sales are 100% record to date as i track all items i send unless its the digital goods then they are sent by other traceable methods.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.