Payment Hold

iSellularr
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve sold an item on eBay and i’ve got a paypal hold, i contacted eBay and they said paypal shouldn’t be giving me holds as i’m an established seller. It’s been over 24 hours since the item has been delivered, and still no release, and there is tracking info on Paypal that i entered and its correct. I try to go onto a live chat but it’s always unavailable. This is a really big inconvenience to me as I need the money but it’s still not released.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iSellularr 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iSellularr 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MSCARMEN10
New Community Member

@kernowlass

I need some help, and I'm having the exact same issue. My checking account is linked, and verified in which I have made a withdrawal before with NO ISSUE! I tried to transfer my available funds on 4-24-2020, and kept getting the error message: (SOMETHING IS WRONG; TRY AGAIN LATER)! So I unlinked my checking account, and added it again. It was still giving me the same error message so, I messaged support. The support agent told me that, I had a 48-72 hour security hold on my funds, but they didn't tell me why!!!!!!!! I waited until yesterday 4-27-2020 to withdraw the funds again, and it is still giving me the error message. I WAS TOLD TO WAIT (ANOTHER) 72 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!! The customer service number is not working so, I can't get in touch with A AGENT OVER THE PHONE TO FIX THE ISSUE. What can I do to be able to have the SECURITY HOLD taken off of my account???????? You keep telling me to wait 72 hours, but THE SECURITY HOLD IS STILL ON MY ACCT!!!!!!!! HELP ME PLEASE! I HAVE MESSAGED SUPPORT A MILLION TIMES, AND KEEP GETTING THE SAME ANSWER WITH NO RESOLUTION!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Christina6688
New Community Member

There is no phone call option. 

As the facebookpage of PaypalUK, since my account is from USA. 

It's meaningless to contact.  

There are thousands of reviews which talk about the money on hold. 

Which is really bad experience.  Especially when buyer and seller both confirmed the money is for normal business, 

still Paypal didn't give an option to release in this situation. 

We can say it might be for money security reason or for avoid money fraud or sth else.

But I do believe they may just hold massive money of their users and do some investments. 

Very unhappy for this situation. Because except my money is being hold.

When I pay to my employees which I hired them for part-time work. 

All of their money are being on hold for more than 15days, I had to cancel their payment and pay to their bank account again

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Christina6688 

If you spared a second to look at my reply you will see it was dated Aug 2019 !!!!! A year ago when there was no pandemic and phones were operational.

Also if you spared another second you will see that the person whos thread this is and who asked the question was in the UK which is why I posted the UK Facebook link.

If you want to start your own thread and ask your own question and bothered to add your country to your community profile then I guess you would then get contact information for your own country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jtanderson
Contributor
Contributor

How many days did it take to access the money because of the hold. I’m going threw something similar, I got paid by my boss just set up the pay pal business and my money is on hold.. how long does it take to come off?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blossom311
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been a long time PayPal customer but changed my email when I recreated an account with them. I have been selling again on eBay since March 12 and I have sold over $500 worth of items and still not able to touch any of that money. I have even spent over $200 in shipping fees that are charged on a credit card I have registered through PayPal. I have tried several messages to them with No Response. I called 6 times and no one picked up. Today I recorded me on hold for 1 hour and 47 minutes and then paypal picked up the phone and hung up on me. I sent them message after message, no answer. What is going on with this company? Are they going under and is that why they are holding everyone’s money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.