PayPal took money from me after I cancelled an order

SD1039
New Community Member

Hi folks,

I recently made an accidental purchase on ebay for about $750. I didn't have enough funds in my checking account to cover the transaction so I immediately cancelled the order with the seller and was issued a refund.

When I made the accidental purchase, Paypal immediately tried to get the funds from my checking account, but was denied by my bank and I was issued an overdraft fee (which I concede, I was my mistake).

My Paypal account shows the initial transaction (now with a "refunded" label on it) as well as the actual refund transaction from the same day.

However, regardless of this, Paypal AGAIN attempted to take the $750 from my account! Only this time, I had the funds available. So, Paypal took $750 from me to cover a transaction that was already cancelled and refunded... it shows now evidence of this on my Paypal account or activity list, but my bank account is now -$750. Paypal won't accept my calls (I've tried about 5 times and every time the automated voice tells me it can't help me and hangs up).

Anyone ever experience this issue? It seems illegal. Or at least it should be. Please help!!

Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Scott

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.