PayPal is actually going to hold my funds for THREE WEEKS?

Erin25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm hoping you can give me some advice- I've done at least $100,000 worth of transactions through PayPal over the last couple of years. I processed a client's payment of $3,000 the other day and PayPal is holding nearly all of it for 21 DAYS? I've never seen this before! The only resolution info I've found is about speeding up on shipping an item. This is for advertising, and doesn't relate. Any suggestions on what to do? This is infuriating! Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Erin25 

You bet your bippy, they will. It's a large amount and probably unusual from your current pattern of activity so...there are ways to get it sooner though:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-my-money-sooner-for-a-transaction-on-hold-f...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Erin25
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer- but this isn't a retail transaction, so the PayPal "solution" doesn't work for me. Should I just refund the money, and then reroute through my bank? I love PayPal for ease of use, but this is new and ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.