PayPal has been holding my funds for 16 days!

Daniel-houle
Contributor
Contributor
I’m a canadian citizen. Friends of mine from the USA have sent me money via PayPal. The first few transactions wen’t well. All of a sudden with no warning PayPal has decided to stop $28,000 of my money from being able to withdraw. I can’t withdraw the money. Every time I email them they reply with the same answers. Try adding a new bank account Try waiting 48 hours or 72 hours There’s no hold on your funds and you should have no problem withdrawing your funds. None of these things work and my funds are still being held. Who can I contact or what can be done for me to be able to withdraw these funds?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daniel-houle 

By the amount, I can see why. Wait a few days, so security has time to cool down/reset and withdrawal a WAYYY smaller amount. Try $5 grand for a start, if that.

Are you getting error messages?

And don't overdo it, forcing the system. Space apart your withdrawals.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Daniel-houle
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I continue to get an error message, however, I haven’t tried giving the system time to reset. I try to withdraw every day. Thank you for the advice and I will try giving it a couple days then withdrawing 5k. I’ll let you know what happens at that point. Thanks for the reply
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.