PayPal Payment Held

Samido
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community

I just need you help on the steps that I need to take to have PayPal release a payment that they decided to withhold.

Foremost, I must admit that my account is rather new, which I believe could have led to this situation. Secondly, I must also state this this was the second payment that I was receiving from the same client. I am a freelancer and I usually provide writing services. In the two transactions, I billed my client after I was done with the articles and had already delivered them for review. The client then would  pay the invoice having been satisfied with the work. Entirely, I deal with services- or digital good as you may call them.

Having already delivered the files- this relates to the second payment of the invoice which happened on 22 May-, I absolutely see no valid reason as to why PayPal should withhold the payment. They were not physical good. Secondly, I already delivered the articles and I'm working on the next set which is due this weekend. This is where I get worried. I asked my client if he could call pay-pal and he was really glad to help, though the funds remain withheld despite this move. I'm worried that the payment for the next set of files will be also withheld. What I'm I supposed to do. Strongly, I feel that I should not used PayPal to request for the next payment. However, I don't have another means of receiving the payment. 

Kindly advice

Sam

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samido

New seller hold.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samido

New seller hold.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.