PAYPAL HAVE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AS I WAS UNDERAGE WHEN I OPENED THIS ACCOUNT ?????????

PaiZaff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - You recently responded to me today to say that i cant use my account as i was not 18 when i created my account and have to wait 180 days before i can withdraw. Firstly , i did not know that this would of been a issue. I believe i have not done anything wrong - it was just a age factor - are you able to please help me to release my money now into my bank account. I understand i have to make a new paypal account which i will. But i really need access to my funds , for rent, food etc. Please understand that due to covid 19 i am struggling quiet badly and i require immediate access to my funds. 180 days does seem rather harsh as i have not done anything major to violate paypal policies. Please could you respond to me as soon as possible - i can not even call in as they always hang up.

I believe that this is unjust and unfair as this should of been addressed earlier rather than now !!!! I know that i did not lie at the time when i had created this account with my DOB etc . Please can someone from @paypal #paypal - anyone working in paypal email me and allow me to remove my funds to my bank account please i am distraught right now and have no money for my rent and struggling to buy necessities during this tough time with covid 19 - I really wish to get this solved fast, as i cannot wait 180 days - this seem rather harsh. please help me!! Paypal Not Responding To Me At All @PayPal_Jo @PayPal_Eva 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaiZaff 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.
Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.
Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaiZaff
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass @paypal @paypalstaff #HELP Thank you for your rapid response. Due to the nature of this incident i still believe they have done wrong. I opened this account a long time ago ive never had issues i am now 26 and they're backdating it by such a long time. If so, why didnt they try to establish this in the past. I am upset that they have done this. Any idea when phones will be back up and running? Many thanks once again for your reply., Best Regards
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.