On Hold - including postage

Saad70
Contributor
Contributor

I know I'll be talking to thin air on this and if I wish to use PayPal as a service I should abide by their rules. Fair enough, but I'm still going to put my point accross.

"Contact Us" is useless. That's out of the way.

Now on to Holding funds. Fine, I get it, fraud is all over the place. That's a given. However, holding postage also has stuck a financial burden on me with postage for the items I'm sending costing over £40.

It would be nice to atleast allow the postage to go through. That would be my 5 pence worth but I need every penny for postage.

Learning every day though.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Saad70
Contributor
Contributor

Only fair to update:

My funds are now available and the transfer delay has ended with my money in my bank. I can now buy food 🙂

So, for others, my funds were held as.

• I have a new ebay and PayPal account 0% feedback - risk as unknow history as to account usage
  • sold used gadgets - there are risks in discription matching buyers expectations - refunds/damage/loss

eBay action.

• limit selling - I can't list any items as month quota reached (arbitary) until history established

PayPal action.

• held funds until some days after positive feedback
  • delayed transfer from PayPal to Bank

You, reading this won't know the background of my Paypal issue and whilst I was waiting for funds to clear I read some depressing reviews that I also didn't know the background of.

It's taken about two weeks and the issue is resolved. I did not contact PayPal and speak to an advisor regarding this.

Anyway, happy now, thanks.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Saad70

https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/what-shipping-couriers-can-i-use-to-get-my-funds-sooner-f...

Ways to contact customer services........

1. You can click on help / contact and use the message centre option in the blue band at the top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page (or the very bottom of the page dependent on country).
3. You can send them a personal message via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal
4. You can send them a personal message via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter
5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.
6. You can ask a question on here (answers from community members normally).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Saad70
Contributor
Contributor

Thank for the reply @kernowlass and info.

The link doen't help my situation as I still require to pay post prior to post funds being available but I will be using a signed for service.

I have phoned and the automated help system isn't great just runs you around until informing me the office was closed. Free call though.

Hopefully all will work out and I'll get the funds released.

On a slightly different note, one of the recipients seems to be a overseas export node acting on behalf of none UK resident. I've eBay messaged them regarding their shipment but have had no reply as yet.

Thanks again for the reply.

Login to Me Too

Saad70
Contributor
Contributor

Just had an email to see if any responce has solved the issue?

No, still waiting on my money...

Login to Me Too
Solved

Saad70
Contributor
Contributor

Only fair to update:

My funds are now available and the transfer delay has ended with my money in my bank. I can now buy food 🙂

So, for others, my funds were held as.

• I have a new ebay and PayPal account 0% feedback - risk as unknow history as to account usage
  • sold used gadgets - there are risks in discription matching buyers expectations - refunds/damage/loss

eBay action.

• limit selling - I can't list any items as month quota reached (arbitary) until history established

PayPal action.

• held funds until some days after positive feedback
  • delayed transfer from PayPal to Bank

You, reading this won't know the background of my Paypal issue and whilst I was waiting for funds to clear I read some depressing reviews that I also didn't know the background of.

It's taken about two weeks and the issue is resolved. I did not contact PayPal and speak to an advisor regarding this.

Anyway, happy now, thanks.

Login to Me Too

willm186
Contributor
Contributor

Why on earth do paypal hold the postage?! I can't send my item!! How exasperating!! Looks like thier greed is gonna give me bad feedback. Cancelling sale will have to be the way forward then. Why do this paypal????

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willm186 

You don't list items if you don't have the funds to post them first.

If its an ebay transaction then like every single seller in the world that sells or has sold on ebay you go through the new seller hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

willm186
Contributor
Contributor

Why is there no warning this is the case then? its misleading to say that the buyer pays for postage and packaging if in reality the seller does. obviously anyone new to ebay - seeing that the buy 'has paid' for postage and packaging would believe they didn't also have to pay for the postage and packaging. its daft and completely uneccessary and unintuative. I really cannot relate to your line of thought saying holding pnp funds is in any way a good thing for anyone.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willm186 

Would you like to point out where i said the hold was a good thing?

And did you actually want the FACTS or not?

You asked a question, I gave up my time to respond to your post with the answer so.........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.