Negative account.

Netty-123
Contributor
Contributor

I had eBay fees come out on the 16th may .I had no money in my PayPal so it went through as an echeque putting me in minus -96.40. Since then I have had credits to my PayPal and it's made my minus less. But on the 24th of may my echeque cleared for £96.40 and I am still in minus figures. The money has left my bank on the 20th may. Nothing has changed in my PayPal account. Please help

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Netty-123
Contributor
Contributor
So my question is ... where has my 96.40 credit gone that's left my bank I should now be in credit not debt. Thankyou
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Netty-123

Takes 5-7 working days for funds to go from your bank account to paypal.

The funds may have 'left' your bank account but that does not mean paypal have received them yet as they use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option.

That is why when you pay a 'seller' paypal credit them for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, but with 'adding funds' to your paypal account to clear a neg balance, you take the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Netty-123
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou. I did receive an email from PayPal on the 24th to say my payment has cleared though does it still take time after this email as it states my money will be cleared by the 24th .it came out of my bank on the 20th. Thankyou for you help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Netty-123

The clearance date they give you is an estimate.

Can be longer especially if as now we are in the middle of a bank holiday weekend.

I think it will show by Tuesday but if not give c.s. a call...............................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Netty-123
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou guys. Have a good weekend xxx
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Netty-123

Guys? I was the only one that responded !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.