Need Seller Protection to sell Digital Downloadable Product

gkpillai
New Community Member

Hello Paypal Team,

Your business policies are not good and not safe to sell digital downloadable products through Website. Because,

1. Payment is under hold, until buyer confirms the payment.

When we (seller) delivered the product to buyer. Buyer easily downloaded the files.

After downloaded the files, buyer requesting refund in the name of product not delivered / defective / not satisfaction / file error, etc.,

2. For new paypal customers, in order to create Paypal account or for advertising Paypal.

Paypal enforcing their new customer to request refund, create PayPal account. So, automatically, buyer creating account and registering for refund.

Because products already received / downloaded.

3. All above I'm stating here based on the recent experience had with PayPal.

I sold more than 30,000+ Products through 300+ Download Link to one customer (Andres) for sum of EUR 56.00 (Fifty Six Euro only)

After downloaded the products, Buyer sending fake screenshot of error for one product "ONLY ONE PRODUCT"

Also, we (seller) resend the direct download link to both Paypal and buyer. Also In order to help or resolve the problem or to confirm the problem, we (seller) send many emails to buyer but buyer not responding / not replying to our emails.

for above issue, PayPal Reversed the Payment & Request the Dispute Fees to the Seller for sum of USD 13.49 (Thirteen dollars and Forty nine cents)

4. End of the day, as a seller I send 30,000+ Products to buyer freely and PayPal requesting free Payment from Seller Pocket in the name of "Dispute Fees" ?????????

In above case, where is PayPal Protecting Sellers??????????????

So, based on above experience, PayPal is not found good to sell digital downloadable products as they're holding payment after transaction.

Please help to protect sellers!

PayPal TermsPayPal TermsScreenshot (1022)_LI.jpgProof of PayPal PromotionsProof of PayPal PromotionsScreenshot (1025)_LI.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gkpillai 

Its up to you to read up on what seller protection is available for digital sales and what is not and then risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.