Money to myself oversees

bangkokbanks
Contributor
Contributor

I live in two countries. Primary the US and have bank accounts in another. Tired of transferring funds - cash, from US bank to my foreign bank. It is a hassle, with Dodd Frank laws, takes a long time to make simple transaction. Can I use my pay pal, to transfer funds essentially to myself from one bank to another?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Assuming you have two accounts, it's possible to transfer funds - you would need your US account and one for the other country - you would also need two different email addresses and different financial accounts.

Login to Me Too

bangkokbanks
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you and have all of what you mention, two bank accounts, two emails - yes. Just wondering if anyone out there has done this as a matter of practice and if they know the cost, fees for doing it. Bank transfers oversees can be 35 to 40 US dollars and then a small fee on the receiving side, so it adds up. I have heard of another ap out there called Transfer Wise, but with Paypal account and its credibility, trying to establish if oversees transfers beat Bank wire transfers. In essence it would be like paying yourself. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.