Money on hold

mariaz1827
New Community Member

I was paid $400 for something someone purchased from me and the money was put on hold. There has never been as issue with this in the past even when I have received the same amount of money. I really need a resolution to this because it said my money could be on hold for 21 days - I need it sooner than that. There is no way for the other party to confirm because the transaction already went through on their end. I tried calling a customer service number and was not able to speak to an actual person. I need help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariaz1827 

Funds are normally released when tracking shows online that the item has been delivered to the buyer + 1 day as long as you used one of Paypals supported carriers.
If you didn't send trackable then its 21 days HOWEVER if you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.