Money locked on my account.

Lefur
Contributor
Contributor
I have $30 on hold, and another $280 pending that should be on hold soon, but i’m not 18 and paypal disabled my account completely until i’m 18. Do I have to wait till i’m 18 to withdraw the money?? Please say there is another way to withdraw it because I need to pay my mom back and now i don’t know how to get the money out. Please help, thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lefur 

Contacting them and asking seems a plan?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lefur 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lefur
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, how can I get them to release it to my parent?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lefur 

Contacting them and asking seems a plan?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lefur
Contributor
Contributor
Okay got it, and will paypal still allow me to receive the $280 that’s currently still pending? And from there I can transfer all of it to my parent.
Login to Me Too

Lefur
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.