Manage currency doesn't display on my wallet page

Rude1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to claim money refunded to me. The refund is in British pounds. My bank won' accept pounds so I need to convert to USD. The PayPal   help page says I should click on wallet and select the desired currency from the manage currency option. When I open wallet there is no manage currency link or option. What shows up are my options for where I want my money to go, card, bank etc. Nothing about manage currency. I've tried accessing the site via mobile and desktop, via internet explorer and via chrome. Manage currency is no where on the page. Has anyone else had this problem, how did you get it resolved?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

146afap5f

I've got the same thing happening.  No one at Paypal has responded.  I did everything that you did but am unable to change the currency.  Has anyone gotten a response or did you get it fixed since you posted it? 

Susan

Login to Me Too

Rude1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi... my issue did get resolved. It took about 3 months and lots of phone calls and lots of time on hold. At some point someone who could do something about it came on the line and just like that my problem was resolved. No clue why. I gave him the same information, shared the same screen shots and he said he'd take care of it and within a couple of days the money was refunded to my credit card. Ya know it was only about $17, so really, not much at all but I will never, if I can help it have anything to do with paypal... EVER

Login to Me Too

blubarb
Contributor
Contributor

The truth is that PP is a monopoly and this is the way a poor actor monopoly acts. Use Transferwise or direct deposit and save money. One day someone else will open in competition with this crew and that will be the end of PP. Manage Currencies is no longer available to be viewed on their site. 

Login to Me Too

Abumisha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rude1,

can you share the phone number that you used to contact PayPal? I have only been able to massage a person who was not helpful at all. I sent her screen shots of my wallet which has no option for selecting currencies. she finally stopped responding to me. even though the chat is still open they won't respond back to me.

Login to Me Too

ShammahUdoudo
New Community Member

did you figure it out

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.