I was able to buy crypto last week and earlier today, but not right now. What's going on?

alterspaces
Contributor
Contributor

I bought crypto last week from a linked bank account. I bought some litecoin tonight using the same bank account. I tried to make another purchase minutes later, and it no longer works. The linked bank account doesn't show up and when I click the option for the accounts that don't show up, my bank account is now listed under being unable to be used to buy crypto. What happened? I just bought some minutes ago, and suddenly it doesn't work?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

alterspaces
Contributor
Contributor

Update on my situation: if I try to purchase, say $500 ethereum, none of my linked bank accts show up as payment options, even though they have sufficient funds and are confirmed. I may purchase the $500 eth if I use my paypal balance. I actually found the exact number I can purchase with my linked accts - $272. Strange number, but if I want to purchase $272 or lower btc, bch, eth, ltc, both my linked bank accts show up! The crazy thing is that on Jan 19, 2021 when it stopped working, I was actually able to purchase $500 ltc, and then 5 minutes later I tried to purchase $500 eth and the problem arose. One week prior, I was able to make $3000 in crypto purchases just fine with NO problems (besides the stupid transaction fee of course), so I was shocked when I was not allowed to make the second purchase last night Jan 19 even though the first one went through.

I called customer service twice. 1st time they wouldn't give me a straight answer. 2nd time the representative actually tried pretty hard to find out what was going on and in the end he believes it to be a glitch. Hopefully this bug will be worked out in the future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.