I'm being forced to add a bank account?

Haruspexx
New Community Member

So, today a friend sent a commission payment, and when I logged in to add it to the paypal balance, it kept sending me to the page to link a bank account.
I currently don't have a bank account, so I can't link one. But it doesn't seem it will allow me to do anything without adding a bank account?

I'm not sure if this is related, but it also asked me to provide my ssn before continuing, so I'm assuming I've hit the threshold for money I can make through paypal before taxes are applied to the future money I make. Is that possibly why it's insisting I link a bank account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @Haruspexx,

You're correct, the request for SSN and linking a bank account are related. It sounds like you might not yet have a PayPal Cash or Cash Plus account, which is required to hold a balance within the PayPal account. First, here's some information on why we ask customers to confirm their identities to hold a balance with PayPal. If you would rather have the money transferred to your bank, here's how to link and confirm a bank on the account

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.