I can not withdraw money I have on my PayPal account

GreeneSzieberth
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using my PayPal account very regularly since 2013, but i never encountered this problem until today: When I try to transfer the money I have on my account, I can’t transfer it onto my debit card or bank account. I get the following error message: “We’re sorry, this is more than you can transfer right now. Please enter a lower amount.” I tried to go through the resolution center to remove any kind of limitations, but I’m hitting a dead end. I have a US PayPal account, a US bank account and I live in the US. I need this money - what can I do? Please help!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Editasurmay
New Community Member

Me Too. I can't withdraw money from Pay Pal to my Bank account

got all time this message

Unfortunately, your credit card must have a card verification number (also known as a card security code) to be used with PayPal

Login to Me Too

NoemiHU
Contributor
Contributor

Found the "solution"! The whole situation is misleading... You'd think you're all set when you provide a debit card and you are able to send/receive money, BUT NO. There is no obvious spot anywhere that would signal you need to do it, but in order to lift the resctrictions on transfer you need to verify your debit card! So you go to 'Wallet', select your card and there you'll see the link where you will be setting a small amount of charge on the card along which they send a pin code. That code can be then used for the verification process. So when officially you may read that for lifting restrictions your Account should be verified, it actually is your Debit card they mean... Hope this helps someone! I was going mad about this and still don't know the exact limit...

I was able to transfer GBP 900 as single instance, but not more, and not more within like 7 days. Anyhow, after verifying my debit card with that pin code process I could send my remainder balance right away to my bank. Regards,

Login to Me Too

mikkosm
Contributor
Contributor

It worked, thank you so much! I had this exact problem and couldn't figure out why I couldn't withdraw to my bank. I didn't know I had to verify my card and it wasn't mentioned anywhere that's a requirement. C'mon Paypal.. it shouldn't be this hard!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.