I briefly had one card linked to two accounts, should I be worried?

Joseph_F_Clark
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I made a mistake, and want to know if it will cause me any headaches in the future.

So, I've been using one PayPal account for years. Let's call that one Account 1. I made a second account this weekend. Call that Account 2. I linked Account 2 to a PNC debit card which was also linked to Account 1. I assumed that if linking one card to two accounts violated PayPal's rules, it would not let me add the card to the second account. I was able to transfer money to a friend through Account 2 without issue. I also verified Account 2 via text message.
Only afterwards did I think to Google if one card or bank account can be linked to two PayPal accounts simultaneously. I’m in the U.S., and all the PayPal Community Q&A resources for my country said that you cannot, unless you go through an application process. Seeing this, I de-linked the PNC card from Account 1 immediately. Both of my accounts have been functioning perfectly well, and I haven’t gotten any notifications from PayPal or PNC. But I’m wondering if that could change? I just don’t want to go through the headache of proving to PayPal or PNC that I didn’t commit fraud. I also want the friend to whom I sent money to be spared that hassle, too. Should I tell PayPal that everything’s ok? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.