How to find which account the payment is taken from

EileenW
New Community Member

I am trying to find out which account my payment was taken from for all my transacrions. For example, I have several source in my paypal account: linked bank, linked credit card, paypal balance. When I check my activities, it only shows a list of transactions with payto information, but paypal doesn't list out whether the money is taken out from to pay the merchant. Same goes with refund, paypal doesn't show where does the refund go: to the bank, to the credit card or to my paypal balance. -

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @EileenW ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

When you open up the transaction from Activity tab, you should be able to click on the transaction itself and show you were it was taken out of. Can you try and check using a browser either on your phone or computer? as some options are not available on the mobile app. 

For refunds, it only updates the transaction status from the Activity tab to Refunded, and when you open up the transaction you should be able to see where it was taken out of originally. All refunds are automatically swept back to the originally funding source. So posting would depend if it was taken out of your Paypal balance, card or bank account. 

To know more about refunds you can check this link. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.