How do I add a personal savings account to my paypal?

marzdgzmn
Contributor
Contributor

When I add my bank details, it is automatically set to checkings. How do I add a savings account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

juanderer
Contributor
Contributor

sent a message to them thru this website and they replied today. you have to call paypal and they will change it for you. 

checking account is the default account type since they dont have any means to trace the exact account type for every customer. the option to personally change account type is not available for security reasons.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

juanderer
Contributor
Contributor

im having the same problem.

anyone in the same situation and had completed fund transfer from their paypal account to a linked bank account with no problem ? 

Login to Me Too

marzdgzmn
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't tried fund transfer yet, but I did send out an email to them to have the bank account type changed. Will let you know if it's successful.

Login to Me Too
Solved

juanderer
Contributor
Contributor

sent a message to them thru this website and they replied today. you have to call paypal and they will change it for you. 

checking account is the default account type since they dont have any means to trace the exact account type for every customer. the option to personally change account type is not available for security reasons.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.