Help! My money has not been transferred from paypal to bank account for a month

oanatudoran
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, everyone!

I am reaching out to the community since paypal is extremely difficult to contact and I have messaged them incessantly without a resolution.

I transferred a certain amount from my paypal account (euro) to my personal bank account (GBP) on the 27th of March. To this day, the money has not arrived. The transfer, on paypal, appears as "completed", but after repeatedly contacting my bank, they stood firm saying there is no pending transaction and it is paypal's fault for not actually transferring the money. At the same time, paypal is saying they transferred the money, so I am stuck in this frustrating situation where I don't know who to hold responsible and how something like this could even happen. The money was really needed and it's not the smallest of sums. I don't understand how this is normal procedure, to wait for money to transfer in more than a month, given that now same day transfers are such a normal occurrence. 

Has anyone been in my situation? Can anyone offer any insights or advice? Since paypal have such limited customer service (CHAT) hours and absolutely no phone number to talk to someone, I am finding it extremely difficult to have a clear conversation with them. They keep saying they will contact the bank but nothing is happening, as weeks go by.

Thank you so so much and I hope you all enjoy your day!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@oanatudoran 

Not sure you can withdraw in another currency but if it declines then it should bounce back to your balance.

Allow 14 days and if no show contact your bank and c.s. for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.