Fees

tessa0924
New Community Member

Is there anyway I can send money from my credit card to friends and family and avoid the fee?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timobi

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-fees-to-use-paypal-faq690?app=searchAutoCom...

When you send personal payments using a credit card, the sender always pays the fee.For more information on the fees to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card please visit our fees page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tessa0924

No, f/f payments are only free if funded from a bank account or funds in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Timobi

Question on the Credit Card fees. I am sending someone $$ but using a credit card as the funding source. I understand the fees..but will the receiver get the amount I am sending? Or does paypal deduct the fees from the amount sent? 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timobi

Depends how you are sending it ie are you paying for goods / services or sending a gift of money using the friends / family option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Timobi

Friends and family. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timobi

ok then to answer that i would need to know what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Timobi
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Timobi

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-fees-to-use-paypal-faq690?app=searchAutoCom...

When you send personal payments using a credit card, the sender always pays the fee.For more information on the fees to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card please visit our fees page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.