Error msg when converting currencies

mb191
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to convert USD into GBP, but I get this message "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later." This has been happening for two days now. What is going on, how do I fix this please?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Eshekieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I was also experiencing this problem but stumbled upon a fix for this. If you have any funds in USD, convert them to GBP first, then convert the GBP to USD. It worked for me. it works even if you just have 0.75 USD. convert them to GBP or any other currency and you will be good to go.

Login to Me Too

XMANDIEE
Contributor
Contributor
You are exactly right! That helped me thanks so much!!
Login to Me Too

mb191
Contributor
Contributor

That's not a fix, I said I am not able to convert USD to GBP and you're telling me to convert USD to GBP!?

The only solution I have found is to just proceed straight to transfer of funds to my (UK) bank account and the USD is converted automatically upon transfer, and I can of course see the conversion rate before I approve the transfer

Login to Me Too

XMANDIEE
Contributor
Contributor
Im having the same problem converting from eur to usd did you ever find a fix for this issue??? Bevause after trying all day i still have not been able to talk to anyone!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.