Donor can't see transaction in his activity and thus can't confirm after 48h.

Enaross
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am currently running a Crodwfunding for my Moroccan friend via GoGetFunding. I'm doing it in his stead because his country cannot receive any donation via GoGetFunding while mine (France) can.

2 days ago (6th of September), we received a 350$ donation, but, due to my account lack of "experience ?" (unusual transaction, ...), because I've never really used Paypal before, the donation has been put on hold. We contacted the donor, and thought that waiting 48h would allow him to confirm the "transaction" (since Paypal doesn't seem to take into account any transaction), but it didn't. In fact, the payment is still and hold in my Activity, but for the donor, it doesn't even appear in his. From his own saying, he didn't pay to the crowfunding via Paypal, but via his VISA, and used his personnal email to pay which is the same as his Paypal.

His receipt/activity:

https://imgur.com/a/pdAqy8N 

My activity:

https://imgur.com/nprcdqi 

I didn't click the "Add tracking Info" button until just before this post, because I had been transferring the Money to my Moroccan Friend, and while the money was also on hold for 2 days when I did, he said he didn't had to click it for me to have the "confirm" button.

Can anyone help me ? Tell me if we have to wait another 48h since I didn't click the "Add Tracking info" button, or if it is something else ? Because If the donor can't confirm it, the transaction will be received on the 27th of September, which is way too late for our Crowdfunding 😕

Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Enaross
Contributor
Contributor

Following this, the donor sent me a message to post to explain further his situation :

• Sender sent the money using VISA card and used the email that is associated to an account of paypal BUT didn't use the paypal account, a credit card was used.
  • Money is on hold pending for confirmation by the sender
  • Sender did not receive any email to confirm the payment neither he has any pending payments in his account
  • How can the sender confirm the payment if it wasn't use a paypal account?

Again, if anyone, can help, please do so.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.