Card not linking properly

Mattyj003
New Community Member

I recently moved and have updated all my addresses and payment info everywhere except PayPal.  I have three cards.  Paypal let me update the address on one no problem, but would not let me update the address on the other two.  I removed them and relinked them, which worked for one.  The last card is the one giving me issues.

I linked the card and got the notification to confirm a small charge on my bank statement.  I did this, and got an error stating it was the incorrect code (it wasn't).  I tried backing out of that page, and the option to confirm the card was gone, but the card was still unusable.  I contacted customer service, and after 4 hours of messaging back and forth followed up by a phone call, I was told to remove and relink the card.  I did this, and again there was no option to confirm the card but it was still "on hold" per the customer service rep.  After some "fixing" on their end, I was instructed to try again.  I did, but when I tried to enter the card again I got an error message stating "This card cannot be linked.  Please try a different payment method."  I was told to try again in 24 hours.  I did that, and get the same message.

I am not sure what to do next, but I am pretty sure PayPal customer service is not going to be very helpful.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.