Cancelled transaction but now negative balance

THEOJKETT
Contributor
Contributor

On January 1st, I sent a payment to my wife. Two days later, I got notification from Paypal that that transaction was cancelled because of insufficient funds.  Immediately after that, within an hour of that email, I got another email from Paypal saying they have removed the credit card I used for the transaction from my payment sources. So, I then went to the bank, withdrew the money and just handed it to my wife. Here we are on the 12th and I get an email from Paypal saying I have a negative balance because they paid the money to my wife. My wife tells me there is no money in her paypal account. I checked my paypal account and it shows a negative balance.

It is obvious to me that Paypal is not paying attention to their own emails. They removed my payment source and yet still "sent" the money from my Paypal account although there was no money in it. 

Since Paypal has the absolute WORSE customer support and no way to contact them outside of a chat window or this platform, I am left with not knowing what to do.  Does Paypal have a phone number that I can call them and straighten this out?

Ted K.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.