Can't transfer paypal balance to Indonesian bank account in Indonesia

teemup
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am trying to help local friend in Bali with some extra cash but it seems impossible to transfer money to his bank account from Paypal. I am located in Finland.

He only has a local bank account and bank central asia card. He received my test payment to his paypal account but he cant transfer it to his bank account. It just says error, please try again. Am I trying the impossible here to send money through paypal to him?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@teemup 

What currency did you send him?

Does it show as cleared or pending in his paypal account?

Has he verified his bank account with the 4 digit code sent to his bank statement when he added the bank?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

teemup
Contributor
Contributor

I sent euros to him since IDR is not available in Paypal. He also sent me a request but it did not change anything. The payment is cleared and the amount is in his paypal balance. But I asked about the 4 digit code, it seems that it takes about 2-3 days to be verified so that is not done yet, maybe that is the problem. I will come back to this topic when his bank is verified.

But one thing to note for sure is that when he tries to transfer the money to bank account, there is no IDR currency, I dont know is that a big problem or not. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.