Can't link bank account

Dragone
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I live in Italy and I'm trying to link a second bank account since I'm going to close my original one, but I get an error from Paypal saying that it's not possible now and to retry later (I translate it from italian). I've tried for a couple of days but the error persists. I've also tried to email Paypal but when I get to the step to verify my identity it fails with a similar error. I have both my cell phone and my wife's registered in the account as contacts...

One thing that makes me wonder is that this bank account I'm trying to add is registered both to me and my wife, however when I click the link to add a new bank account, contrary to what's stated in the instructions I'm not given the option to fill in the legal name as it's done automatically.

In the end what I'd like to know is if it's possible to link a shared bank account to a Paypal account and if yes, what could be the problem.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dragone 

Yes is the answer, I have a joint bank account linked to my personal Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dragone
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. That leaves me with the error though, anyone able to advise since I cannot email Paypal support?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.