Can't figure out how to sent $15.00 for an item.

icr
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to sent $15.00 but don't know how much money will actually go out to the recipient. I'm afraid they will get ripped off and receive less than the agareed amount. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

icr
Contributor
Contributor

Tell me if this is how to do it. 

I sent $15 and see how much the they get. If they are short $1.00 then I sent an additional $1.00 and see how much they are short. 

I keep sending a smaller and smaller amount until they have the agreed upon amount. Like an integral. Is this how everyone is doing it or am I missing something?

Login to Me Too

icr
Contributor
Contributor

I did find this on the internet. Is this any way affiliated with PayPal or is this a scam? IS there some way to find this information without leaving PayPal site to go to a possible scam site? Anyway, is the calculation below accurate? Does anyone know or has anyone else ever been in this situation before? Seems like a common problem. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 3.00.33 PM.png

Login to Me Too

icr
Contributor
Contributor

So, I went ahead and sent $15.75 and it looks like the recipient got the full $15.75. So now I'm worried I'm not going to get any buyer's protection. This certainly is confusing. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@icr 

If you are paying for goods/services then any fees are to do with paypal and the seller and nothing to do with you.

Every seller knows that they have to pay a fee to accept paypal payments from buyers.

Not up to you to calculate what they are, you just pay the amount the seller requests for the items cost.

If he received the same amount you sent then it sounded as if you used the friends/family option which yes gives you 0 buyer protection. 

You should either use send money > goods/services OR ask the seller to send you a money request or invoice fully detailing the item you are buying AND its cost. That is what you pay and the fees are up to the seller to pay. You don't pay for buyer protection, that is a given when you send the funds using those options.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.