Can't convert GBP to USD

Shoddy-Wolf
New Community Member

Hi,

I live in South Africa and can only withdraw USD into my SA bank account, no other currencies.

So when I get some GBP's paid to me on Paypal, I need to convert it to USD before I can send it to my bank account. However, lately I cannot convert the GBP to USD.

Whenever I try to convert, I get the error msg as follows -> "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later".

This problem has been persisting for longer than a week, I don't understand why I'm having this problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shoddy-Wolf 

Seems to be a worldwide paypal glitch with currency conversions at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eshekieri
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I was also experiencing this problem but stumbled upon a fix for this. If you have any funds in USD, convert them to GBP first, then convert the GBP to USD. It worked for me. it works even if you just have 0.75 USD. convert them to GBP or any other currency and you will be good to go.

Login to Me Too

tebnjsc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried it, convert USD to GBP and it worked, however ,refused to work when i transferred the Euro to Pound or USD . Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.