Bit of a moral dilemma

bjenkins192
New Community Member

In this scenario I (the one writing this) am the buyer.   I purchased some computer circuit boards from a guy on eBay at the beginning of April. Everything went down just fine. I was completely satisfied with the purchase.  I have sent several emails back and forth to the guy just being 'buddy buddy'.  Yesterday, May 20th, I get an email from paypal saying that I was refunded $xxx.xx. A few minutes later I get an email from him saying that his paypal account was frozen and he needed to get money out to pay for something for his daughter. He asked me to personally send him the money that he refunded me.   First off, he didn't even ask me first. If he had, I would have said 'no'; but I already have the money back in my account.  I know that if his account was frozen then there's a reason Paypal has done so. But, my dilemma is this: do I send him the money? or do I simply give it back to him?  And just for those who are thinking this, no, there's no way I'm keeping the money even though there's technically nothing he can do to get it back from me. That's just morally wrong. What should I do?   If I do send it to him there's no way I'm doing cash or check; nothing with my bank info. Most likely it'd be a cashier's check.   Any ideas, anyone?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.