Automatic withdrawal not showing in activity

MWZ
Contributor
Contributor

I got two refunds for the same amount from the same company at the same time.  One of these has been automatically transferred in to my bank account. 

I only know this has happened, as this amount appears in my bank account. However this transfer is not showing under my activity in PayPal.  So if I was  checking my PayPal balance and activity only I would be wondering where has that amount disappeared to. 

In addition my bank account has this transfer logged  under some strange name in a form of number and letter combination rather than the usual display as PayPal. 

I'm confused about:

- why it was transferred automatically (only one of the refunds and not the other)

- why is this information not showing under my activity

- why it was transferred under some random name rather than PayPal

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MWZ 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MWZ
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that. I payed for both purchases with PayPal and one got transferred to my bank account and the other didn’t. I was also emailed today by PayPal about another payment. They informed me that part of the payment was going to be paid in to my bank account and part to PayPal balance. Again that is not showing anywhere in my PayPal account, as being done but it shows in my bank statement. It just seems very random.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.