Account terminated for being under 18. But money is still in my account.

Taj0507
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my account was terminated for being under 18, but I still have money in the account it is only $60 but right now that means quite a lot to me. Is there anything I can do to retrieve it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taj0507 

You don't give me or anyone else on here any personal information as this is not customer services but a community advice forum.

Your best bet is to wait until the phone lines are back up and running and the speak to an agent and see if they will transfer the funds to a parent for you, not guaranteed but has been known.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DanielSedda
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Taj0507 ! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. If your account has been limited due to underage reasons, please contact Customer Support teams by phone and they will be able to provide you with detailed advice on how to proceed. You can also find us on Twitter @AskPayPal and/or our Facebook page. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Taj0507
Contributor
Contributor

I tried calling the service centre but due to coronavirus there where closed it said.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taj0507 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Taj0507
Contributor
Contributor

Oh ok should I give you guys my parents account email?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taj0507 

You don't give me or anyone else on here any personal information as this is not customer services but a community advice forum.

Your best bet is to wait until the phone lines are back up and running and the speak to an agent and see if they will transfer the funds to a parent for you, not guaranteed but has been known.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.