21 Day 'Hold' on 2nd invoice

ckwig0
Contributor
Contributor

Help me understand...1) I sent the second $5k invoice to a client, 2)The client paid me and 3) Paypal now gets to borrow the money for 21 days while it's on 'hold'. Can someone please explain why holding back paid funds for 21 days makes good customer sense on the SECOND invoice to the SAME client? Where is this explained in my service agreement?

When I asked in the messaging center on March 8th (3 days after my client paid the invoice), the automated assistant replies:

'I've looked at this transaction it appears that this payment is outside of your usual selling price, so we've placed it on hold. The expected release date of the payment is March 26, 2021.'

The LAST invoice that I sent out to the SAME client in Feb was IDENTICAL and was paid IMMEDIATELY. There's NOTHING unusual about this invoice. What's really going on here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ckwig0
Contributor
Contributor

So I went to the invoice in question and followed the link to the Resolution Center to open a case. But, I get this. Apparently Paypal thinks I've received the money already?

Paypal.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.