way outside of 45 days

discopants
Contributor
Contributor

long story short, I am in a situation where I still have not received my goods after more than 3 months have passed...

The vendor and I have been communicating via Facebook messenger, so I have a communication trail, all the time being assured that my package will be posted soon...delays being justified by family problems and even a supposed mental breakdown and time spent in the hospital.

Do I stand a chance at recouping the money paid to this person...or do I just let it go?

I am out of pocket about $100

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@discopants

As long as you sent the money via goods / services OR an invoice or money request then you are covered by buyer protection.

You have up to 180 days in Canada to open a dispute for non receipt of item.

So open a dispute > put in everything that has happened > escalate to a claim > DO NOT CLOSE THE CLAIM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM.

Paypal normally allow the seller up to 10 days to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you and if they do not and paypal find in your favour then if the seller does not refund then paypal will under their buyer protection policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

discopants
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your reply, im in Australia dealing with an American seller....does the same 180 days still apply?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@discopants

Well if you choose to post on the Canadian forum and are in Australia, do you not think that would have been an important piece of information to save me wasting my time typing all that out for a Canadian paypal account user?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

discopants
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, i didn't realize it was a Canadian forum
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.