scam!!! july 2014

famine13
New Community Member

<removed> @ outlook . fr

just recived a email from this email (put spacers in it so i could post the email.) saying that my paypal has been suspended and to click link.

i didnt of course went to my acount online and checked to see if any issues. none.

i also got 4 of these emails in a row. 

please spread the word

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

MAnne
Contributor
Contributor

I received a couple of emails in the past few days. When I tried to forward it my security filter refused to send due to "spam content". The one yesterday was from (email address removed) and the message was this:

we apologize if you get this message in JUNK box please click on NOT SPAM

Notice of new updates and changes to the PayPal User Agreement

Dear customer, We're constantly working to make PayPal safer, simpler and more convenient for our customers. This means that from time to time we have to make changes to the terms of our User Agreement.
To make sure you are always informed we have posted recent updates on our website.

What do I need to do?

• ("Click Here" was in this position, and underlined, but I edited it out). Log in and complete the new updates instructions, than you'll be redirected to our new user agreements page.
  • Please read the Policy Update carefully. It contains important legal information about when and how the changes to our User Agreement will become effective.
  • If you agree to the changes, you need to do update your account informations to secure your account.

Yours sincerely,
    PayPal 
  • How do I know this is not a fake email?

An email really coming from PayPal will address you by your first and last names or your business name. It will not ask you for sensitive information like your password, bank account or credit card details. Most fake emails threaten that your account will be in jeopardy if you do not take action immediately. An email that urgently requests you to supply sensitive personal information is usually an attempt at fraud. Also, fake emails often contain misspellings and grammatical errors or are written in a language which you did not set as preferred for your PayPal account. Remember not to click any links in suspicious looking emails.
  • ("Click Here to learn how to defend yourself against phishing and spoofing" underlined, was at this postion but I edited it out)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @famine13 and @MAnne,

Good eyes on these emails!

Thank you both for sharing these with the community! Any time you receive a phishing email, you can forward it to us at spoof@paypal.com to report it! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MAnne
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Ashley wrote:

Hi @famine13 and @MAnne,

Good eyes on these emails!

Thank you both for sharing these with the community! Any time you receive a phishing email, you can forward it to us at spoof@paypal.com to report it! 🙂

-Ashley

Dear Ashley -

I know that emai  address pf lspoof@paypal.com to make reports. I tried that, but as I mentioned in my previous post, it would not forward to that email. I tried repeatedly to follow the instructions given on PayPal for scams and phishings, which is to forward it to that email address but my filter wouldn't allow it.

Thanks anyway, for pointing that out. Would you kindly copy my previous  post and sent it yourself to spoof@paypal.com 

Thx

Anne

Login to Me Too

MAnne
Contributor
Contributor

I just received another email that purports to be from Paypal but I am not sure what to do.

This one said I have to "confirm my bank account" but wants me to give my Bank login and password. I do not give that info to anyone, not even my best friend, husband, or children. So I am not going to provide info like that based by clicking on an auto or anonymous email!!

Anne 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @MAnne,

Oh sorry about that! 😞

If you're unable to forward the email, it's alright. From time to time we see that with some email address providers. I recommend adding the email address that it came from to your block list and deleting the emails.

For confirming a bank account, we do offer a method of instant confirmation that you can use your bank log in for. That option will come directly from our PayPal website though and not in an email. The alternative to instant confirmation is our random deposit process and it just takes a couple days longer to complete.

Let me know if you have more questions!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.