recurring Payments

macmichael01
New Community Member

Last month I was at the airport where I needed access to Internet. I purchased Internet for $9.95 using my paypal account only to realize that my paypal account was being charged a recurring fee. Which also was being doubled charged for some reason. Likely the shady Internet company "Boingo Wireless" was to blame for the double charge b/c it required that I canceled recurring fees for both transactions they charged me for. Shame on you "Boingo Wireless" **bleep**. Is there anyway that paypal can review their account? 

My suggestion and feedback to paypal. When a transaction is being made for a service with recurring payments, require that there is a checkbox for your customers to check which authorizes a recurring payment otherwise the transaction should be a single non-recurring payment. If there are multiple recurring payments make sure that this is indicted to the customers in plain site (not somewhere buried in the fine print).  Also make it obvious in your paypal account that a particular payment is recurring as well as a more obvious way to cancel a transaction that was unauthorized.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Susie
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi macmichael01,

I'm sorry about the payment issue on your account.

If you haven't, please feel free to click on 'Contact Us' and we'll be able to review the account and help you with any charges in question.

-Susie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.